A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script
The Screenwriter s Bible's 7th edition marks the 25th anniversary of one of the most popular, authoritative, and useful books on screenwriting. A standard by which other screenwriting books are measured, it has sold over 340,000 copies in its 25-year life. Always up-to-date and reliable, it contains everything that both the budding and working screenwriter need under one cover five books in one!
The Screenwriter s Bible’s 7th edition contains:
- A Screenwriting Primer that provides a concise course in screenwriting basics
- A Screenwriting Workbook that walks you through the complete writing process, from nascent ideas through final revisions
- A Formatting Guide that thoroughly covers today’s correct formats for screenplays and TV scripts
- A Spec Writing Guide that demonstrates today’s spec style through sample scenes and analysis, with an emphasis on grabbing the reader’s interest in the first ten pages
- A Sales and Marketing Guide that presents proven strategies to help you create a laser-sharp marketing plan.
Among this book’s wealth of practical information are sample query letters, useful worksheets and checklists, hundreds of examples, sample scenes, and straightforward explanations of screenwriting fundamentals. The 7th edition is chock-full of new examples, the latest practices, and new material on non-traditional screenplay outlets.